Rackspace as known as a Public cloud is a listed company which specializes in hybrid cloud environments to support applications and sites. Rackspace is based on its open-source operating system OpenStack. Its Cloud caters for the private cloud, public cloud, dedicated servers, or a hybrid of platforms.
It’s customizable according to our cloud requirements, and all products work together seamlessly from one portal.
Rackspace is powered by the OpenStack cloud computing platform, as the open source alternative to Amazon.
Rackspace offers IaaS(Infrastructure as a Service) solutions and SaaS(Software as a service) solutions.
Use the following steps to set up a cloud server using the cloud control panel interface.
- Go to Cloud Control Panel and click Servers > On the top navigation bar and Click on create the server.
- In the Details section, enter a name for your server in the Server Name field.
- In the Region list, select the region in which you want to create the server
- In the Image section, select which operating system you want to use.
- In the Flavor section, choose the appropriate configuration for the server.
- Assign a public key to the server by selecting an existing key under Advanced Options.(Optional)
- To add a new public key, click Manage SSH Keys and follow following steps:
- On the SSH Keys page, click Add Public Key
- If you are adding a public key, give your new public key a name.
- In the Region field, confirm or select the region in which your key will be used.
- Paste your public key into the Public Key field.
- Confirm that your key is listed in the SSH Key list for your new server.
- As needed, create a new network and select the PublicNet and ServiceNet options and then Click Create Server.
- After following all above steps you can connect server through ssh with username@ipaddress
- After successful login, you will get server terminal in which you can install other packages as per your need.
Have a thought to share on the same?
LetsNurture always strive to get the perspective of its audience. If you have any suggestions, feedback or any ad-ons, please feel free to tweet us at @letsnurture.